ATTACh presents: Hope For Healing
Children who have experienced early trauma,neglect and loss of attachment figures may struggle with trusting new parents. This loss of trust may impair new attachments which are necessary for resolving the early trauma. This workshop will help parents and workers understand the effect of trauma on the brain and physiology of the child. We will explore parenting challenges and why they occur. Parents will attain a new lens through which to see their child, themselves and the relationships among family members. This workshop is presented by The Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of children.
Who should attend:
- Foster parents Kin-carers
- Social Workers Counselors
- Early Childhood
- Child and Youth
- Marriage and Family
- Pediatricians Family doctors
Outline of the Day:
- Attachment and attachment theory
- Attachment across the generations
- Attachment, developmental trauma and the brain
- Loss and grieving
- Behavioural outcomes of developmental trauma, neglect and early separations
- Attachment-focused parenting
- Supporting your child in the school system
- Define attachment-both adult and child styles of attachment.
- Describe the intergenerational relationship of attachment styles. Identify personal triggers for anger/ fear / rejection.
- Describe Window of Tolerance and arousal levels associated with survival mechanisms in the brain.
- Describe the losses felt by parents and children. Understand the relevance of grief in the lives of those affected by trauma and loss.
- Describe the behaviours associated with attachment difficulties and developmental trauma.
- List five strategies of attachment-focused parenting.
- Identify five strategies that are helpful for schools.
One-day Intensive training.
Light Breakfast and Lunch Included
$75.00 per person
$125.00 per couple
Call: 1-612-861-4222 (USA) or 1-519-924-0469 (Canada)
Hope for Healing Parent Guide available for purchase
6 hours of Continuing Education credits available ($25 additional fee)
Certificates of completion provided.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available until March 30, 2014
If you have a special need or concern or grievance please email
Mary-Jo Land at firstname.lastname@example.org